According to CNN, 6 in 10 Americans don’t have $500 in savings.
Save $20 every week for one year, and at the end of the year, you will have saved $1,040.
Some of my favorites ways to earn extra income are:
- BloggingWhat is a blog? A blog is an online space where you can share your passions, interests, and expertise. Bloggers post informational articles and ‘how-to’s’ in an effort to provide entertainment or advice to their readers. There is money to be made in blogging once you have built your following. Bloggers can earn money through advertising, affiliate sales and by selling their own products or services.
- Online SurveysThere are many survey sites that will pay you to take surveys. When setting up your profile with any survey site, it’s important to fill it out completely. Doing so will allow the company to send you surveys that match your needs and interests. Typically, the more surveys you take, the more surveys will be sent your way.
- Pinecone Research (Potentially earn at least $3 per survey)
- Harris Poll (One of my most favorite sites)
- American Consumer Opinion Panel (There’s potential to earn around $150-$175/month)
- InboxDollar (Earn 2,000 points as a sign-up bonus)
- EarningStation ($10 bonus after 5 site sign-ups)
- Survey Voices (I was able to earn over $100 worth of prizes and gift cards)
- Opinion Outpost (Earn cash/gift cards)
- Vindale Research ($2.00 signup bonus)
- Swagbucks (One of my most favorite sites)
- Survey Club (Potentially earn at least $50 per survey)
- Freelance Narrow down a few of your areas of expertise. If you are a great resume writer, consider offering those services. If you love to write and edit short stories and articles, you may consider offering copywriting services.There are several reputable online freelance sites where you can promote your services. Fiverr is a great site for freelancers looking for work. You simply set up your online profile, include your areas of expertise and set your rates. People who are looking for your services can browse your profile and contact you to hire your services. Fiverr handles all payments and typically pays out via PayPal. If you are just starting out, Fiverr is a great place to build your portfolio and solidify your place as n expert in your field.
To start this challenge:
- Download The Challenge Worksheet by entering your name and email in the form below.
- Go to your email where I will send you The Challenge Worksheet.
- Print off The Challenge Worksheet and decide what day of the week you’ll contribute your $20 to your savings.
- Start the challenge by contributing $20 to your new emergency fund (this can be in a jar at home, an envelope, a savings account, or something else entirely).
- Fill in The Challenge Worksheet every week by initialing under the “done” column.
- Keep The Challenge Worksheet visible so you can track and celebrate your progress.
- Keep going until you’re done!
- High five yourself and celebrate because you’re awesome and now have an emergency fund. 🙂
Enter your first name and email address in the form below to start the savings challenge now.